Everything about pregnancy is exciting as well as daunting to every would-be-mom. Once they become pregnant, they cannot wait to visit for the first ultrasound baby scan. Especially, it has seen that every would-be-mom wants to visit at their 6 weeks of pregnancy because an early scan gives them a peace of mind.
It is very early to do an ultrasound scan, At the 6 weeks of pregnancy. The doctor generally recommends baby scan around 12 weeks. Today I’m going to discuss some facts about 6-week ultrasound scan, which you need to know.
- Ultrasound is a scan of your abdomen and pelvic area. However, around 6 weeks your doctor will suggest a vaginal ultrasound. Don’t worry, this is not as scary as it sounds. It will only take 15-20 minutes and it is non-invasive.
- It is crucial to understand that ultrasound is not X-ray. It is completely safe. The most inspiring part of the ultrasound is, that you can see your baby growing inside and will find out if you are having a boy or girl.
- If your doctor recommends you an early ultrasound scan at your 6 weeks of pregnancy, it may be to rule out an ectopic pregnancy. An ectopic pregnancy is when the embryo attaches itself outside of the uterus.
The Appointment Part
- You can do a baby scan, even if your doctor might not recommend doing so. You can choose a private baby scan, where you can have your scan at any stage of your pregnancy.
- Drink plenty of water before going for your scan. Make sure your bladder is full. A full bladder will help you to see a clearer picture of the baby. The expert will rub a water-based gel on your abdomen so, wear easy and comfy clothes.
- In the earliest stages of pregnancy, ultrasound is done usually via the vagina. Because the uterus is still very small and it is located deep within the pelvis.
- A 6-week ultrasound is very early to get to see the baby. So, if you don’t get to your baby, do not be disappointed. At 6 weeks of your pregnancy, your baby will look like a bean.
- During your ultrasound, you might able to see your fetal heartbeat, which might be sound very ailing. It is depending on the instruments they are using. If you can hear, it should be beaten from between 90-110 beats per minute.
- Your doctor will check the shape of the fetal and will measure the development. Make sure you ask every question, you want to know.
Through this time, your baby will develop a lot. Make sure you take proper rest, eat healthy foods and supplements.